Simulation of Tomasulo Algorithm
This works is extension for existing implementation of tomasulo algorithm with 1-issue to n-issues where n = 1,2,3,4.
Tomasulo’s algorithm is used for dynamic scheduling of instructions that allows out-of-order execution and enables more efficient use of multiple execution units.
In this Implementation I have done following,
- Modified the existing python implementation of tomasulo algorithm to support issuing multiple instructions, write-back multiple completed instructions and committing multiple instructions. (supports variable issue width)
- I have tested my modification with a set of hard-ware configurations and sample test-cases.
- Supports for multiple issue, write-back, and commit.
- Functional units are pipe-lined.
- Implemented in-order execution, with multiple issue.
- This implementation supports multiple functional units and multiple load-store units; thus, changing configuration with functional units and load-store units more than one will also work.
- This implementation supports Load store unit is not pipe-lined and pipe-lined.
- This implementation doesn’t support the branch-predictions, so inputs with branch commands such as
bnein fail when the issue-width is greater than 1.
The implementation can be found in the repository.